- addition. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, lightly grease the sides of a large saucepan with 1
- tablespoon of butter; set remaining butter aside. Combine sugar and
- milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture
- comes to a rolling boil. Boil until a candy thermometer reads
- 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in
- marshmallow creme, chips and remaining butter.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool to 110°. Beat on medium speed
- until smooth, about 5-7 minutes. Spread frosting between layers and
- over the top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 935 calories, 40 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 139 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.