- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 Milky Way candy bar (2.05 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a heavy saucepan, stir candy bars and remaining butter over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk mixture to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, lightly grease the sides of a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon of butter; set remaining butter aside. Combine sugar and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Boil until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallow creme, chips and remaining butter.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool to 110°. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about 5-7 minutes. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Delight
Sort By :
I left out the nuts in the cake and on top. I also used the snack size milky way bars. By itself, the cake doesn't do much for me, but paired together with the frosting I think this is a good cake. The frosting is very rich...like fudge. My brother-in-law said it needed it's own tax bracket because it was so rich. It cuts very nicely.
Did not like this cake at all. It is very expensive to make and is not good.