I love caramel, chocolate and pecans together. While I had recipes for cake, cheesecake and candy that feature this combination, I didn't have one for cookies. So I came up with this recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 bottle(12-1/2 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 4 to 6 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8- to 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball. Smooth any cracks. Fill each indentation half full with caramel topping.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until caramel is very bubbly and cookies are set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Drizzle cooled cookies with candy coating. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p61
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Caramel Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review