Triple-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Chocolate lovers, brace yourselves. This cocoa creation and its saucy accompaniment make a heavenly combination. —Jenny Staniec, Oak Grove, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, place water, raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until well blended. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir in raspberry puree. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until serving.
- 4. Dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings (2-2/3 cups sauce).
1 slice with about 3 tablespoons sauce equals 466 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC