- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place water, raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until well blended. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir in raspberry puree. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dust cake with confectioners' sugar. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings (2-2/3 cups sauce).
Reviews for Triple-Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
"Delicious! I also used the devil's food cake mix since that is what I had on hand. Easy to make and impressive to serve for guests or for a special meal at home."
"My husband thinks this is the best cake ever. I, too, used the devil's food mix. And I used a chocolate glaze, the three times I have made it"
"I made this for my daughter in law and son in law's birthdays. We all loved it. I could not find the sweetened raspberries, so I used sweetened strawberries, it was great. I also used a double chocolate cake mix. I will definitely be making this again."
"Delicious & not too sweet. I used a devil's food cake mix instead of the chocolate."