Triple Chocolate Cake
This is a fantastic way to perk up boxed cake mix. The whole family will love the chocolaty results, and you'll love that it only cost 54 cents per slice! Melissa Just - Minneapolis, MN
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream and
- oil. Beat on low for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour
- half of the batter into a large bowl. Stir in cocoa until blended.
- Fold chocolate chips into white cake batter.
- Alternately spoon batters into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted
- tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and milk. Spoon over top of cooled
- cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 511 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium,