- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream and oil. Beat on low for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into a large bowl. Stir in cocoa until blended. Fold chocolate chips into white cake batter.
- Alternately spoon batters into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and milk. Spoon over top of cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Sort By :
This cake was moist, but not one of my favorites. I made chocolate ganache for the frosting to give it that extra chocolately taste.
Very good cake - I love when I can take a cake mix and turn it into something a bit more special.
Wonderful quick cake. Very pretty and delicious. Have made it 5 times in the last two weeks to give as gifts. Did not use the frosting, used a glaze instead. 2/3 c. conf. sugar, 2 T. cocoa, 1/4 t. vanilla, 3 -4 t. hot water.
We love this recipe. It's very moist, so it keeps well. I make my own dark chocolate glaze for this cake. Not sure it needs the extra sugar.
I have made this recipe many times and it always gets rave reviews. It has a great mix of chocolate flavors and is very moist. My family likes it with a bit of extra frosting so I often double the frosting and fill the center of the bundt cake with the extra so every piece can have a bit more.