This is a fantastic way to perk up boxed cake mix. The whole family will love the chocolaty results, and you'll love that it only cost 54 cents per slice! Melissa Just - Minneapolis, MN
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream and oil; beat on low 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Remove half of the batter to another bowl; stir in cocoa until blended. Fold chocolate chips into remaining batter.
- Alternately spoon batters into prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix frosting and enough milk to reach glaze consistency. Spoon over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Triple Chocolate Cake in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p49
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review