- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup canned chocolate frosting
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream and oil; beat on low 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Remove half of the batter to another bowl; stir in cocoa until blended. Fold chocolate chips into remaining batter.
- Alternately spoon batters into prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix frosting and enough milk to reach glaze consistency. Spoon over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was moist, but not one of my favorites. I made chocolate ganache for the frosting to give it that extra chocolately taste."
"Very good cake - I love when I can take a cake mix and turn it into something a bit more special."
"Wonderful quick cake. Very pretty and delicious. Have made it 5 times in the last two weeks to give as gifts. Did not use the frosting, used a glaze instead. 2/3 c. conf. sugar, 2 T. cocoa, 1/4 t. vanilla, 3 -4 t. hot water."
"We love this recipe. It's very moist, so it keeps well. I make my own dark chocolate glaze for this cake. Not sure it needs the extra sugar."
"I have made this recipe many times and it always gets rave reviews. It has a great mix of chocolate flavors and is very moist. My family likes it with a bit of extra frosting so I often double the frosting and fill the center of the bundt cake with the extra so every piece can have a bit more."