Triple-Chocolate Brownie Squares Recipe
My husband and I have five young children—all chocolate lovers—so these brownies never seem to last long around our house. They have the benefit of being lower in fat than many other brownies.—Kathy Fannoun, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 1 package reduced-fat brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1. Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat milk and dry pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Beat in fudge topping until blended.
- 3. In a microwave, melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat into pudding mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over cooled brownies. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is set. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One piece equals 234 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 cholesterol, 244 g sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC