My husband and I have five young children—all chocolate lovers—so these brownies never seem to last long around our house. They have the benefit of being lower in fat than many other brownies.—Kathy Fannoun, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Recommended: Top 10 Brownie Recipes
- 1 package reduced-fat brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat milk and dry pudding mix for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Beat in fudge topping until blended.
- In a microwave, melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat into pudding mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over cooled brownies. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is set. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Chocolate Brownie squares in Country Woman January/February 2002, p37
Reviews for Triple-Chocolate Brownie Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2008
"This was the most delicious dessert. I thought this was going to be too sweet for me to eat but I was wrong. I loved it and so did all of my guests! B. Roman, Illinois"