- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a microwave melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are set and tops are slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Triple-Chocolate Brownie Cookies
"I've made these cookies twice and they are just to die for! Even my husband who's not much of a fan of sweets can't stop munching on these bad boys :)"
"The first time I made these was for a cookie exchange at my church. They were such a hit that every year I get requests to make them again. My son-in-law begs for his own batch. The only thing I change is eliminating the shortening for the drizzle."
"The first time I made these was for a cookie exchange at my church. They were such a hit that every year I get requests to make them again. My son-in-law begs for his own batch. The only thing I change is eliminating the shortning for the drizzle."
"I bakes these only 7 min. and they came out just the way I like brownies - just a little bit underdone."
"i made these cookies sooooooooooooo many times and everybody who tried them just loved them and the most repeated comment i heard was "they taste like heaven" and i was asked to bake 350 cokkies of these for a workshop"