Triple Cheese Spread
"You'll love this cheesy and cream spread," promises Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas. "The carrots add nice color and crunch."
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels, optional
- In a blender, combine the cheeses, milk, dill and pepper. Process
- until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in carrots. Cover and
- chill. Just before serving, stir in the sunflower kernels if
- desired. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 2-tablespoon serving (prepared without sunflower seeds) equals 1/2 meat, also, 41 calories, 116 mg sodium, 6 mg cholesterol, 1 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 2 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.