Triple-Cheese Macaroni Recipe
No truly Southern meal is complete without macaroni and cheese. Three types of cheese and a squirt of mustard make this comforting dish sing!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the process cheese and 1-1/2 cups of each cheddar cheese.
- 2. Drain macaroni; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 830 calories, 45 g fat (30 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 1,368 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC