- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the process cheese and 1-1/2 cups of each cheddar cheese.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Triple-Cheese Macaroni
"Very good recipe, and everyone loved it when I made it on Memorial Day. No leftovers! I didn't care for the mustard taste though, so will probably leave that out next time."
"So disappointing after the great reviews. It was decidedly dry, plus dull in flavour (apart from the rather odd tang of mustard). I felt like I'd wasted all that cheese."
"Great!. I read some of the reviews before making this and they commented about how much it makes. I halved the recipe and it made enough for 4 to 6 servings. This definitely a keeper"
"Tomorrow will yet another round of this. Great for big groups with kids."
"This recipe is a hit with all of my daycare kids!"
"This has become our family's favorite macaroni and cheese recipe. It makes an entire 13x9 dish and is yummy! The recipe is perfect as is!!!"
"This mac and cheese was amazing! I served it to house guests for July 4th week, and everyone loved it! I used 16 oz. Velveeta instead of 8 oz. and mixed all of the cheeses with the macaroni. I added a little extra cheese on top. It was deliciously cheesy and brought rave reviews from all 10 guests. This recipe makes much more than 6 servings. I had leftovers in addition to the fact that everyone had a generous serving."
"This is delicious. I will definitely make again."
"This recipe was very good! It makes a lot though so be ready for leftovers! And it was very good the second day as well!"