No truly Southern meal is complete without macaroni and cheese. Three types of cheese and a squirt of mustard make this comforting dish sing!
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the process cheese and 1-1/2 cups of each cheddar cheese.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Cheese Macaroni in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p33
Reviews for Triple-Cheese Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review