Triple-Cheese Broccoli Puff
Also on our Christmas morning menu is this rich-tasting souffle. Like any puffy souffle, it will settle a bit after you remove the dish from the oven, but the pretty golden top is very attractive. I often add some cubed ham.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set
- aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, milk and
- biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the broccoli, cheeses, salt
- and mushrooms.
- Pour into a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 315 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.