Triple Berry Wake-up Breakfast
This scrumptious stuffed French-toast earned "most outstanding" honors in a local berry festival contest. It sure perks up a Sunday morning!—Leandra Holland, Westlake, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) strawberry cream cheese
- 4 pieces white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Strawberry syrup or confectioners' sugar
- Spread some cream cheese on two pieces of bread. Top with sliced
- berries, making a complete blanket over the cheese. Top each with
- the remaining bread.
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk. In a frying pan or griddle, melt butter
- or heat oil over medium-high. Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture
- and fry until golden on both sides. Top with strawberry syrup or
- confectioners' sugar and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 266 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.