- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine berries; add sugar and toss gently to coat. Serve with cake; top with whipped cream, if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Triple Berry Shortcake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p210
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Triple Berry Shortcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review