Triple Berry Linzer Tart Recipe
My grandmother gave me her signature lattice-topped tart recipe. The bubbling raspberry preserves, citrus and nuts fill our home with aromas that bring back warm memories.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground hazelnuts or blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/3 cups triple berry preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and citrus peels; mix well. Combine the flour, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix just until moistened.
- 2. Divide dough in half and flatten each into a thick rectangle. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 3. Press one portion of dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 14-in. x 4-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Combine preserves and lemon juice; spread over crust. Roll remaining dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Make a lattice crust. Trim edges.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 min. or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC