Triple-Berry Crumb Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and remaining sugar. Stir until well blended. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Triple-Berry Crumb Pie(14)
Sort By :
I made this for my husband's birthday. I was tired of buying a boring berry pie every year so I searched online and found this recipe. He usually eats one piece of a whole pie and leaves the rest for the rest of us to fight over then next couple of days. When it was gone the next day he was so upset that his "best berry birthday pie ever" was no more. Two days later, I'm making another one! Awesome recipe that I'm printing out and debating whether or not to share it with friends and family. Perhaps I will hold on to this little secret for awhile!
My husband ate two pieces the first time I made it and he isn't a big dessert person.
I used 3 T. Of cornstarch and drained most of the juice from my frozen berries
Crust was great. Filling good. I will use the crust for other berry pies that I like better.
Should bake 350 for 60-65 minutes. Will burn at 375.
I make a lot of pies, all different kinds. This pie was by far the best pie have ever made of tasted. I stuck to the recipe. One tip I have is make sure your berries and dry. I wash my berries the day before, and let them dry overnight. Delicious! I can't wait to make a rhubarb with this crust.
This pie received rate reviews from friends
and family. I used Minute Tapioca for the
thickening, following the instructions on the box for the amount of fruit. I used 1 cup blackberries and 1 cup red raspberries.
I also used pecans instead of hazelnuts.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >