Triple-Berry Crumb Pie
Berries and hazelnuts are plentiful in our Pacific Northwest-so ingredients for this treat are often at my fingertips. I like to freeze a couple of pies to enjoy in winter. —Katherine Barrett, Bellevue, WA
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts
- and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups
- crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom
- and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and remaining
- sugar. Stir until well blended. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with
- reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is
- bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 480 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium,