Triple-Berry Crumb Pie
Berries and hazelnuts are plentiful in our Pacific Northwest-so ingredients for this treat are often at my fingertips. I like to freeze a couple of pies to enjoy in winter. —Katherine Barrett, Bellevue, WA
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, hazelnuts and 1/2 cup sugar; cut
- in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture for
- topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of
- an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Place the berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and
- remaining sugar. Stir until well blended. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle
- with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes
- to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 480 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium,