Berries and hazelnuts are plentiful in our Pacific Northwest-so ingredients for this treat are often at my fingertips. I like to freeze a couple of pies to enjoy in winter. —Katherine Barrett, Bellevue, WA
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and remaining sugar. Stir until well blended. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Berry Crumb Pie in Country Woman June/July 2009, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Triple-Berry Crumb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review