Triple Berry Bacon
Your BLT never had it so good! Bacon is finished with a glaze of mixed berry preserves. Add a sprinkle of black pepper or heat it up with chipotle powder!
12 ServingsPrep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 min Ready In Time: 45 min
- 1 lb. thick-sliced hickory smoked bacon
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest™ Northwest Triple Berry Preserves
- Cook bacon to desired doneness according to package directions.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with foil. Spray with
- no-stick cooking spray. Place cooked bacon on foil in a single
- layer. Using a pastry brush, brush bacon with preserves. Bake 3 to 5
- minutes or until preserves are bubbly. Yield: 12 slices.
1. With Black Pepper: grind fresh black pepper over preserves, to taste, before baking.
2. With Chili Powder: sprinkle preserves with chili powder, chipotle or ancho powder before baking.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 173, Total Fat 10.4g, Saturated Fat 3.4g, Cholesterol 27mg, Sodium 574mg, Total Carbohydrate 10.2g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 9.2g, Vitamin A <1%DV, Vitamin C 0%DV, Calcium <1%DV, Iron 4%DV