Triple Bean Bake with Bacon Recipe
Tried and true baked beans go from ordinary to extraordinary when you mix bean varieties and add the zing of horseradish. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return bacon to pan. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake until desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 278 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC