Triple-Apple Pie Recipe
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup apple jelly, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cider and jelly. Combine the sugar, flour, tapioca and salt; add to apple mixture and toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 458 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Triple-Apple Pie
"good but way too sweet"
"Best apple pie recipe that I've ever used. Worth saving with your favorites."