Triple-Apple Pie Recipe
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup apple jelly, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cider and jelly. Combine the sugar, flour, tapioca and salt; add to apple mixture and toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Triple-Apple Pie(7)
Sort By :
good but way too sweet
My husband loves this pie.He even took it to work for their potluck.I have made this pie alot.Thanks:)
Best apple pie recipe that I've ever used. Worth saving with your favorites.
This pie won me a first place award last Thanksgiving @ my church....simply delicious...and I'm not that crazy about apple pie, but I could eat this easily all by myself!!! I use a deep dish pie plate, using a double crust recipe...and it makes a beautiful pie.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Pie Baking >