Triple Apple Bread
Apples, applesauce and apple juice are a winning combination for Diane Marino. "This flavorful loaf is a big hit." says the New Castle, Delaware baker.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 3/4 cup warm apple juice (70°-80°)
- 1/4 cup warm applesauce (70°-80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust and loaf size
- if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check
- dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or
- flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 101 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.