Apples, applesauce and apple juice are a winning combination for Diane Marino. "This flavorful loaf is a big hit." says the New Castle, Delaware baker.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 3/4 cup warm apple juice (70°-80°)
- 1/4 cup warm applesauce (70°-80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Triple Apple Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p46
Reviews for Triple Apple Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review