Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
When I want to offer friends and family a tried-and-true cookie, this is the recipe I turn to. Use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter with delicious results.
- 4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1. In a several large bowls, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 18 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 210 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC