- 4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 4 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons salt
- In a several large bowls, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 18 dozen.
Originally published as Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p104
Reviews for Tried 'n' True Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2008
"I take a bit of the batter aside and add glace ginger bits to it..it goes well with the peanut taste."