Tricolor Pasta Salad Recipe
To accompany the sandwiches, serve Tricolor Pasta Salad from Lorraine Darocha of Berkshire, Massachusetts. Pretty pasta spirals and convenient frozen veggies are tossed with a light dressing to make this colorful medley. "For vegetarians, you can add protein-rich chickpeas or beans to make it a main dish," Lorraine recommends.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place vegetables in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 minutes or until thawed; drain. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables and olives.
- 2. Combine salad dressing and garlic salt if desired; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 345 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC