How cute! Marge Free of Brandon, Mississippi carved these clever pumpkin pastries to feed her hungry bunch at Halloween. The ground beef filling has a hint of onion and mustard.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese and mustard; cook and stir
- until cheese is melted. Cool slightly.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 4-in. circle; place four biscuits in each
- of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Spoon 2 heaping
- tablespoons of meat mixture onto each.
- Using a sharp knife or cookie cutters, cut out jack-o'-lantern faces
- from remaining biscuit circles; place over meat mixture and pinch
- edges to seal tightly. Reroll scraps if desired and cut out stems
- for pumpkins.
- Brush with egg. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 8 servings.