Trick-or-Treat Turnovers Recipe
How cute! Marge Free of Brandon, Mississippi carved these clever pumpkin pastries to feed her hungry bunch at Halloween. The ground beef filling has a hint of onion and mustard.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese and mustard; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Cool slightly.
- 2. Flatten each biscuit into a 4-in. circle; place four biscuits in each of two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture onto each.
- 3. Using a sharp knife or cookie cutters, cut out jack-o'-lantern faces from remaining biscuit circles; place over meat mixture and pinch edges to seal tightly. Reroll scraps if desired and cut out stems for pumpkins.
- 4. Brush with egg. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC