Trick-or-Treat Nachos Recipe
Here’s a great snack that will fill the kids' bellies before they head out to collect candy. To maintain the shape of the cutouts, spread the bean mixture with a butter knife or thin spatula. You can use any shape of cookie cutter that you have on hand.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 20 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced ripe olives, green pepper strips and green onions
- 1. Using 3-in. Halloween-shaped cookie cutters, cut out one shape from each tortilla. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz cutouts with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the beans, salsa and cumin; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Stir in cilantro. Spread 1 tablespoonful bean mixture on each cutout; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake for 3 minutes or cheese is melted. Using the olives, green pepper and onions, add faces. Yield: 20 nachos.
Reviews for Trick-or-Treat Nachos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC