This fun Halloween cake looks like a giant trick-or-treat bag with lots of sugary candy spilling out of it. I came up with the idea after reminiscing with my sisters about the times we went trick-or-treating together. —Amy McCoy, Huntington Beach, California
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 1 tube each black, orange and green decorating gel
- Assorted candies
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer the cake to a 20-in. x 17-in. covered board. Create a zigzag
- pattern on one short end of cake to resemble the top of a treat bag.
- Spread top and sides of cake with frosting; decorate, as desired,
- with gels and candies. Yield: 12 servings.