Trick-or-Treat Cake Recipe
This fun Halloween cake looks like a giant trick-or-treat bag with lots of sugary candy spilling out of it. Amy McCoy, Huntington Beach, California came up with the idea after reminiscing with her sisters about the times they went trick-or-treating together.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 1 tube each black, orange and green decorating gel
- Assorted candies
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer the cake to a 20-in. x 17-in. covered board. Create a zigzag pattern on one short end of cake to resemble the top of a treat bag. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting; decorate, as desired, with gels and candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Trick-or-Treat Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p16
Reviews for Trick-or-Treat Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Desserts >