Tres Leches Cupcakes Recipe
Infused with a sweet silky mixture using a trio of milks, these little cakes are three times as good. Because they soak overnight, they're an ideal make-ahead dessert for an upcoming fiesta. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Assorted fresh berries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke a hole into the center of each cupcake. In a small bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, evaporated milk and salt. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag.
- 4. Gently squeeze filling into the cavity of each cupcake until you feel a slight resistance. Brush any remaining milk mixture over tops of cupcakes. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- 5. To serve, in a bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Pipe or spread over cupcakes; top with berries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without berries) equals 233 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Tres Leches Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC