Tres Leches Cupcakes Recipe
Infused with a sweet silky mixture using a trio of milks, these little cakes are three times as good. Because they soak overnight, they're an ideal make-ahead dessert for an upcoming fiesta. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- Whipped cream and assorted fresh fruit
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Combine the sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, evaporated milk and salt. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke a hole into the center of each cupcake. Transfer milk mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag.
- 4. Gently squeeze filling into the cavity of each cupcake until you feel a slight resistance. Brush any remaining milk mixture over tops of cupcakes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream and fruit. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without whipped cream and fruit) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC