Tres Leches Cupcakes Recipe
Infused with a sweet silky mixture using a trio of milks, these little cakes are three times as good. Because they soak overnight, they're an ideal make-ahead dessert for an upcoming fiesta. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Assorted fresh berries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 48 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- 3. Fill prepared cups halfway, allowing room in liners for milk mixture. Bake 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 4. Transfer cupcakes to baking sheets. Poke holes in cupcakes with a skewer. In a small bowl, mix milks and salt; spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture over each cupcake. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over cupcakes; top with berries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without berries): 143 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Tres Leches Cupcakes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC