Infused with a sweet silky mixture using a trio of milks, these little cakes are three times as good. Because they soak overnight, they're an ideal make-ahead dessert for an upcoming fiesta. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Dash salt
- Whipped cream and assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, evaporated milk and salt. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke a hole into the center of each cupcake. Transfer milk mixture to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag.
- Gently squeeze filling into the cavity of each cupcake until you feel a slight resistance. Brush any remaining milk mixture over tops of cupcakes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream and fruit. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Tres Leches Cupcakes in Ultimate Halloween 2012 2012, p48
Reviews for Tres Leches Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review