- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
- Spread evenly into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes
- or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place on a wire
- In a large saucepan, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk and
- half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir
- in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Cut cake into 15 pieces, leaving cake in the baking dish. Poke holes
- in cake with a skewer. Slowly pour a third of the milk syrup over
- cake, allowing syrup to absorb into the cake. Repeat twice. Let
- stand for 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top each piece with
- whipped topping and a strawberry. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 233 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.