Tree-mendous No-Bake Cherry Pie
Cherries are my favorite fruit so every spring I look forward to fresh cherries. This pie contains the fresh cherries and is always a hit in my home.Liz Teichman, Eau Claire, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry-flavored gelatin dessert
- 1 quart (4 cups) fresh or frozen pitted, chopped red tart cherries
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 pie shells (8 inches each), baked
- Bring cornstarch, sugar and water to a boil over low heat. Boil about
- 2 minutes until thick and clear. Stir in gelatin dessert until
- dissolved. Add cherries. Chill until mixture starts to set, then
- fold in whipped topping. Pour into pie shells. Chill. Yield: Two
- 8-in. pies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.