Tree and Star Crab Sandwiches Recipe
To cool off during summer—or any season at all—try the finger food that starts with a flavorful crab filling from Karen Gardiner. "I regularly serve the spread at Christmas get-togethers," she relates from Eutaw, Alabama. "It's a hit every time." For sandwiches, the CT kitchen staff added her mix to bread shaped with cookie cutters.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons prepared French salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 48 bread slices
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Using 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut stars and Christmas trees out of bread (two stars or trees from each slice).
- 2. Spread half of the cutouts with crab mixture; top with remaining cutouts. Garnish with dill. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC