Tree and Star Crab Sandwiches Recipe
To cool off during summeror any season at alltry the finger food that starts with a flavorful crab filling from Karen Gardiner. "I regularly serve the spread at Christmas get-togethers," she relates from Eutaw, Alabama. "It's a hit every time." For sandwiches, the CT kitchen staff added her mix to bread shaped with cookie cutters.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons prepared French salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 48 bread slices
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Using 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut stars and Christmas trees out of bread (two stars or trees from each slice).
- Spread half of the cutouts with crab mixture; top with remaining cutouts. Garnish with dill. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Tree and Star Crab Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 1999, p10
Reviews for Tree and Star Crab Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >