Treasured Brownies Recipe
This terrific treat is included in a book of good-but-easy recipes my sister compiled as a wedding present for me. She refers to them as "money-back guarantee" brownies. And I can confirm that they turn out 100% of the time.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in nuts (do not overmix).
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 356 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC