Treasured Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in nuts (do not overmix).
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Treasured Brownies(4)
Sort By :
The icing was not tasting like coffee , I would definetely make it again and try more coffee on the icing! Fudgy and good!
These were just okay to me. Regular brownies with icing which in my opinion do not need the extra sweetness from the icing. It was just too much.
These brownies are absolutely delicious. I made them for a Christmas potluck at work and received rave reviews from my colleagues. It is definitely a keeper.
The frosting on these brownies are simply yummy. I made these for my church bazaar, and now I have to make them for myself.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >