Regan Ritter, Arlington, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 medium tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut top off apples and set tops aside. Core apples to within 1/2 in.
- of bottom. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the sugar, candies and cinnamon; spoon 2 tablespoons
- into each apple. Replace tops.
- Spoon any remaining sugar mixture over the apples. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.