Trail Mix Muffins Recipe
From Hugo, Colorado, Patricia Jones writes,"These hearty muffins blend stick-to-your-ribs granola, fruit, nuts and chocolate chips. They're perfect for a breakfast on the go or any time you need a lift."
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chips, peanuts, raisins and apricots.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Trail Mix Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC