Trail Mix Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chips, peanuts, raisins and apricots.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 281 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Trail Mix Muffins
"I thought these were pretty tasty and kind of unique. Will make again."
"Very easy to prepare and very nutritious!!!"