Trail Mix Clusters Recipe
“These delicious snacks make wonderful gifts, and although they look and taste like they came from an expensive chocolate shop, they couldn't be more guilt-free. The dried fruit and nuts are heart-healthy and full of fiber. Bet you can't eat just one!” Alina Niemi - Honolulu, Hawaii
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:48 servings
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or blueberries
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 piece equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC