“These delicious snacks make wonderful gifts, and although they look and taste like they came from an expensive chocolate shop, they couldn't be more guilt-free. The dried fruit and nuts are heart-healthy and full of fiber. Bet you can't eat just one!” Alina Niemi - Honolulu, Hawaii
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or blueberries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Trail Mix Clusters in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p31
Reviews for Trail Mix Clusters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review