Trail Mix Clusters Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or blueberries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Trail Mix Clusters
Sort By :
I wanted to give it 5 stars when I sent my review but it didn't work...so there it is!
I would definitely make this recipe again and again. Not only was it so easy, you can add any kind of nuts or dried fruit that you like. What a perfect gift for someone, and so good just for yourself!! A keeper.
These were vary easy to make and very good to eat. They did not last long around our house.
These were very easy and good. I used dates instead of cranberries, almonds instead of sunflower kernels, and walnuts for half of the cashews (and cherries, not blueberries). That's what I had on-hand (strangely enough, I had pepitas). These would work well with most any combination of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. I got 40 servings.