Trail Mix Apple Salad Recipe
I created this salad as a way to make use of the many wonderful apple varieties available in the fall. It's also a great way to add healthy nuts and seeds to your diet.
- 1 medium apple, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple and lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC