Traditional Stuffed Peppers Recipe
"My husband, Steve, loves these stuffed peppers," says Karen Gentry of Somerset, Kentucky. "They're so filling and easy to prepare. I like to serve them with mashed potatoes and coleslaw for a no-fuss supper.
- 2 large green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; invert on paper towels.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce, rice, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- 3. Place in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,182 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Traditional Stuffed Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC