Traditional Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 large green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Place peppers in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; invert on paper towels.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce, rice, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- 3. Place in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,182 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Traditional Stuffed Peppers
"Loved them! Substituted red peppers and mixed brown rice, instead. I'll defiantly make these again."
"It had okay flavor and the peppers were no where near done in 30 minutes at 350. Even after being parboiled, they were still hard and no where near soft. And it took more than 15 minutes to prep also!"