Why buy bottled salsa when you can make a more flavorful variety at home with not a lot of effort? You may want to double the recipe because it's sure to be a hit!
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 11 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.