Traditional Potato Salad Recipe
No summer picnic would be complete without a yummy potato salad. This is a classic which is sure to be a hit!—Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Peel and cube; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Add the celery, onion, olives, salt and celery seed. Fold in mayonnaise and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving equals 488 calories, 638 mg sodium, 136 mg cholesterol, 33 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 37 gm fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC